We know that this Y experience will be different from what you are used to. Please remain patient as we do everything in our power to maintain community safety while still seeking to serve you well. We ask that as Y members, you maintain social responsibility and follow these guidelines put in place so we can continue to keep our community safe.
· We have carefully reviewed Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Indiana state and local guidelines and discussed at length how to best provide the safest environment for you.
· We have shared our operating plans with the Madison County Health Department and been in direct communication with them to discuss questions and suggestions they have had.
· Our staff has participated in many online meetings, webinars, and phone conversations with national, state, and local officials. We have also discussed best practices with colleagues from YMCA’s across the country.
· Please bring a mask or face covering, workout towel and water bottle.
· Members are encouraged to wear a mask in all common areas where other members are present and when ever you are walking to and from the area where you will be working out. Masks do not have to be worn during your workout, but we recommend wearing a mask whenever safely possible to limit the spread of germs.
· Water fountains are closed at this time, so you will need to bring your water with you.
· No food or drink outside of already filled water bottles will be permitted
· Do not bring in your own workout equipment (Basketballs are permitted)
· Members who wish to play basketball must bring their own ball
· You must sign a waiver prior to returning to our facilities.
· A minimum of 6 feet of social distancing will be required at all times, even for members that share the same household
· No contact of any kind will be permitted
· We highly encourage that you wear a face mask while in our facilities to help prevent the spread of illness as well as to provide peace of mind to your fellow members
· All members must clean equipment before and after every use
· Only participate in strength and cardio exercises you can safely complete on your own. Spotting will not be permitted due to social distancing requirements.
· Suggestion: wash your clothing items immediately upon re-entering your home
FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH ANY OF THE ABOVE GUIDELINES IS NOT AN OPTION. WE WANT TO KEEP OUR DOORS OPEN FOR AS MANY MEMBERS AS POSSIBLE. DOING SO MEANS TAKING SAFETY SERIOUSLY. PLEASE NOTE THAT ANY MEMBER WHO FAILS TO COMPLY WITH SOCIAL DISTANCING REQUIREMENTS MAY BE ASKED TO LEAVE THE FACILITY
· Signage throughout the building regarding hand washing and social distancing
· Increased cleaning frequency (multiple scheduled sanitation times plus spot cleaning by staff throughout the day)
· Cleaning common high touch surfaces like counter tops and door handles multiple times a day
· Members required to clean equipment prior to and after use
· Hand sanitizing stations located throughout the building
o 9am-7pm M-F, Sat. 9am-12pm, Sun. 1pm-4pm
o 9am-7pm M-Fri, 9am-12pm Sat, Sun. - Closed
Pendleton YMCA – Classes only
o HORSE or practice shooting only (pick-up basketball not permitted)
o Walking tracks open
o Schedules have been revised. Please visit us at https://www.ymcamadco.org/healthy-living/group-exercise
o 1:1 instruction within social distancingguidelines
· Towel services suspended, and drinking fountains closed
· We will not be checking out equipment or supplies
· Spotting during lifting sessions will not be permitted, members must only attempt to participate in exercises they can safely accomplish without assistance
· Child Watch
· Saunas & Steam rooms
· Youth and Adult Sports
· Guest passes will not be available
· Nationwide memberships won’t be honored during this time.
· Members under the age of 14 will not be permitted into the facility